The Cuisinart SM-55 5-1/2-Quart Stand Mixer is an amazing product for any household. It runs on over 800 watts and makes any type of mixing project simple to do. This is a great product for anyone, especially the busy working mom.
This unit can run on several speeds. In fact, you have your choice of 12 different levels of speed depending on what you are planning on mixing.
Also, it comes with a large stainless steel bowl to hold most mixing ingredients. No matter what you need to mix in the kitchen, this stand mixer will make it fast and efficient.
Features – Benefits:
1. This unit runs on 800 watts and is cased in sturdy die cast metal.
2. It comes with 12 speeds for any mixing project and a large 5 1/2 quart bowl made of stainless steel.
3. Includes auto shutoff function, 3 power outlets, a 15 minute countdown timer and a tilt back head.
4. Accessories include a dough hook, flat mixing paddle, splashguard and a chef’s whisk.
1. This units shipping dimensions are approximately 15 1/2 x 10 x 12 1/2 with a shipping weight of 21 lbs. and it comes with 179 customer reviews and a 4 1/2 star rating on Amazon.
The upsides to this mixer is the fact you do not need to stand over the unit while mixing because it is sturdy and it has a timer function which is very convenient. Also, it is fairly quiet and comes under an amazing 5 year warranty in case there are any malfunctions rather than the typical 1 year that most machines have.
The only downsides to the Cuisinart SM-55 Stand Mixer are that the top cover is easily removed. This covers the accessory attachment area. This makes it easier for it to accidentally come off if you happen to grab the wrong part and are raising the mixer head.
This is not a really big deal, but should definitely be improved in the future. Also, the mixer does not have that solid, sturdy metal feel to it so it can look deceiving. However, it does not shake at all and overall is a good mixer for any home.